Watermelon is surprisingly versatile, whether it be cut up and eaten as is, used in a feta and mint salad or in a cooling cocktail [my favourite!] this tartly sweet melon is always a hit!
Watermelon & Strawberry Mojito
¼ cup lime juice
15 fresh mint leaves
2 cups of strawberries (can be fresh or frozen)
2 cups of cubed watermelon chunks
1 1/2 oz white rum
- Blend watermelon chunks, and strawberries in a blender until smooth. 2.
- In a pitcher add lime juice and mint leaves and let steep for at least 15 minutes.
[Pro tip: put the mint leaves in your hands and clap your hands together to slightly break up the leaves to release the fresh aroma before adding them to the lime juice]
3. Add rum, soda water and watermelon & strawberry blend to the pitcher, stirring until well combined. Serve chilled using a mint leaf and fresh strawberry for garnish.
Deconstructed recipes are always a favourite. Aside from looking super modern the deconstructed trend is also extremely simple to achieve.
A Berry Deconstructed Pavlova
Petite meringues (store bought is a huge time saver!)
Fresh Blue Berries
- Chop up strawberries and put all ingredients in separate bowls or layout on a board [cheese board style!].
- Add cream to meringues and decorate with berries.
- For another layer of flavour add some passionfruit pulp on top.